High specification nutrition for all kinds of performance horses.
This nutrient-dense pellet can be fed as the sole concentrate, to those whose energy requirements are met by forage alone, added to the compound ration, especially when less than the recommended amount of mix or cube is being fed, or fed with straights, like oats.
Performance Balancer is designed to support:
- Top quality protein sources supply essential amino acids to help build and repair muscle tissue.
- Levels of quality protein are elevated to ensure that the increased demands of the performance horse are met.
- A broad range of essential vitamins and minerals support body function, metabolism and well-being, helping ensure the horse feels and performs at his best.
- Natural antioxidant vitamins and minerals, including natural vitamin E and Sel-Plex® organic selenium, counter the effects of additional free radicals produced by the body when working hard, helping support performance and encourage rapid recovery from exertion.
- Like other Baileys feeds formulated for performance, Performance Balancer contains Bioplex® chelated minerals to supply certain essential minerals in an organic form which is more easily absorbed and utilised by the body.
- Selenium plays a key role in supporting the immune system so Baileys include Sel-Plex® organic selenium which is more easily absorbed and utilised than other sources of this important mineral.
- Some species of hindgut bacteria are involved in the body’s immune response and the inclusion of Digest Plus prebiotic and Yea-Sacc®1026 supports these bacteria, encouraging an increase in the production of certain antibodies which help fight infection.
- Healthy hoof growth is reliant on a range of nutrients rather than just the vitamin, biotin. Performance Balancer contains nutrients which support healthy hoof growth, including essential amino acids, minerals like, zinc, copper, sulphur and selenium, plus vitamins A and biotin.
- Top Score Performance Balancer contains Omega 3 fatty acids which are incorporated into cell membranes thus encouraging soft supple skin and a shiny coat.
Digest Plus prebiotic is included and acts as a food-source for beneficial gut bacteria so that they are able to flourish at the expense of pathogenic species.
- Yea-Sacc®1026 stimulates fibre-digesting bacteria to help the horse make the most of the forage element of the diet, of particular importance when the forage to concentrate ratio is less than 50:50.
- Performance Balancer’s low calorie, low starch (less than 8%) formula should not exacerbate the excitable temperament.
- Reducing and controlling a horse’s starch or calorie intake should never be at the expense of other nutrients. Performance Balancer can be fed to provide essential nutrients without the calories or starch associated with a “conventional” mix or cube.
- For those who require additional “safe” calories to fuel work or weight gain, Baileys Outshine high oil supplement can be fed.