Combines the benefits of a feed balancer and a joint supplement and is a highly cost-effective way of feeding older horses.
It's the first and only feed balancer to include the scientifically recommended rate of glucosamine in a daily quantity of feed to help maintain mobility. This rate is 10 grams of glucosamine/500kg horse/day. It is a very palatable ‘Non-Heating’ feed that contains several supplements that provide the levels of micronutrients and digestive aids normally only found in high quality specialised supplements. When TopSpec Senior Feed Balancer is fed there is no need to add any further supplements.
It helps to maintain muscle development, topline and condition, these often start to decline as horses’ age. The formula includes a highly available source of vitamin C to help maintain healthy lung tissue. High levels of anti-oxidants and MOS help maintain a healthy immune system. The highly effective hoof supplement included, which provides 15mg Biotin per 500kg horse per day, also promotes a supple skin and a shiny coat.
The specification allows elderly horses to utilise far more nutrients from the forage and straights in their diet, which usually means that their hard feed intake can be reduced with many resulting benefits. When horses eat more forage and less hard feed, previously loose droppings usually firm up very well. This Balancer is ideal for elderly horses unable to eat optimum levels of forage. When mixed with soaked TopSpec FibrePlus cubes a superb complete feed is formed, replacing all forage if necessary.
It is also beneficial for elderly horses suffering from stress e.g. during changes in routine, given less than ideal turnout time, losing a companion, recovering from illness, after worming and during or after a course of antibiotics.
- Optimum levels of all the micronutrients needed to balance feed and improve its utilisation.
- Constructive levels of amino acids, complex carbohydrates, anti-oxidants, glucosamine and MSM to help maintain healthy joints.
- Powerful levels of vitamin E and selenium to act as anti-oxidants (neutralizing the harmful presence of excess free radicals which may speed the ageing process) together with high quality protein, optimise muscle development and function.
- Two advanced yeast products to help fibre digestion and maintain a healthy immune system.
- Scientifically proven levels of biotin, plus associated nutrients, to greatly improve hoof quality.
- Generous levels of B vitamins to compensate for decreased production in the hindgut when fibre intake is limited.
- Organic chelated minerals for improved availability.
- Effective levels of protein, vitamins, minerals and trace elements to maintain strong bone.
- Many factors to help calm responsive horses.
- Soya oil and good quality protein.
TopSpec Senior Feed Balancer is formulated without cereal grains and provides only low levels of sugar and starch. It is important to keep the starch intake of elderly horses low when fibre intake is compromised, in order to maintain healthy hindgut function and avoid loose droppings.