A way to add concentrated calories without excessive feed intake.
Equi-Jewel is a pelleted high oil rice bran supplement, designed to increase the energy density (calories) of a feed. It can be added to boost calorie intake, or to replace part of the feed to reduce concentrate consumption. The starch content is naturally much lower than cereal, and the fibre level is much higher, making it very compatible for use alongside Stud Prep 14 or Level-Grow. It is very effective at adding condition, muscle definition and topline.
During sales preparation, adding another form of supplemental oil to the diet can often be of benefit, both for the effect on the horse’s coat and for an additional boost in concentrated energy. Equi-Jewel helps to give sales yearlings a sleek, well-toned look and an athletic outline. The fat in Equi-Jewel is highly digestible, and is equally as digestible as corn oil, but in a more palatable, pelleted form. 500 grams (1 lb) of Equi-Jewel contains the same amount of energy as 250 millilitres (½ pint) of oil.
Equi-Jewel can supply reproductively active mares and stallions with added energy. Demands on the energy reserves of a mare are at their greatest during lactation, a life stage in which the mare must sustain milk production, adequate body condition and possibly foetal growth. Older mares can be particularly susceptible to weight loss, so their diets require concentrated energy sources. Anxious or over-active stallions can also benefit from this addition during the breeding season.
Features & Benefits
- Highly digestible and efficiently utilised.
- Contains Super Fibres & Oils for long lasting controlled energy release.
- Adds calories to any ration without excessive cereal intake.
- Low starch level which will help avoid the behavioural & metabolic problems associated with feeding high grain diets.
- Produces lower lactic acid levels than cereal diets in hard working horses, so optimises stamina.
- Supplies a highly palatable and digestible form of oil for outstanding coat gloss & skin condition, whether for the show ring or sales preparation.
- Ideal for helping to maintain and optimise condition on all types of show horses and hard keepers
- Adds calories to a ration without excessive grain intake.
- Supplies a highly palatable and digestible form of fat.
- Contains balanced ratio of calcium to phosphorous.
- Provides fatty acids essential for healthy skin and hair.